November 19, 2007

A friend like that

U had to move this post over from the "other" blog place. Just wanted my friend to know I am still thinking about her. Originally posted 11-4-07.

Have you ever had a good friend? A really good friend? Someone that maybe you don't talk to every single day, but that you know if you call they will be there for you, no matter what? Ever had a friend who just "gets" you, no matter where you are in life or emotions? Someone who gives you the space you need to figure things out but will be there to pick you up from the floor when you need it?

I am so blessed to have so many good friends. I have friends I have known for years who I talk with seldomly but I would move heaven and earth for. I have watched my friends families grow, had my hand held through husband issues, discussed childhood trauma at length, learned spiritual lessons from and so much more. I have a dear friend who cleaned my cat box for me while I was pregnant and my husband was gone. That's a true friend if you ask me. (Thanks Deli Mom.)

I have a friend right now who I have come to love. She's a good friend who knows when to step in and when to step back. We have something deep and heartbreaking in common. We have shared depths of emotions that no one else has ever seen. We have shared tears, talks, very private moments (she was there in the dr's office with me when I got pregnant) and we have shared faith. She had faith for me and my family when I didn't. She has inspired me and lifted me up in so many ways. I am privileged to call her my friend.

Today, I am so thrilled for her I can't even tell you. To my friend, you have come through it, and you are still here. You are stronger, you are wiser and you are so blessed. I have faith for you and your family right now and I want you to know, I am behind you 100%.

1 comment:

Our Deli-Sub said...

I am happy to clean out your cat box anytime. I hope that you realize that the reason you have such good friends is because YOU are a wonderful friend.