May 5, 2008
What a weekend
Top 10 snippets of conversation overheard at Apple Blossom 2008:
1. Jade: "We (meaning whatever younger cousins she can convince) are going for a walk in the orchard. If you need us, we will be 38 trees down and 7 trees over."
2. "I don't want to eat that. Are there any cookies left?"
3. I am not entirely sure who that is. We should all wear name tags and one of those "I belong to ......" stickers.
4. "Go to sleep!!!! Go to sleep!!! I thought I said to GO TO SLEEP!!!!" (said multiple times between the hours of 10pm-12am to the 8 children "sleeping" in the same room.
5. "Where's my sword, Mom? I need to go and kill somebody." Said by Chase, who loved the sword, thanks Aunt Lan. Chase was also overheard saying "That baby is crying" several times. He just had to keep everyone in the loop, in case we couldn't hear her.
6. Carmen "We didn't have poles for the volley ball net, so they rigged something up." (they used cherry picker ladders to hold the net up).
7. Ethan Jade, Chase and the Mahaffey clan all said a version of this at one time or another... "My Grammy said I could do that."
8. "Want to wax my eyebrows?"
9. "Did you see Paul's new haircut and shave? He doesn't even look scary anymore."
10. "I need a nap."