June 18, 2010

Teacher gift


Since I have been doing some quilting lately, I decided to do a small wall hanging for Bug's teacher this year as an end of the year gift. She was gracious to give me some class time and I took some fabric into the class and had them write their names on them with pastel oil crayons. It's a version of a yellow brick road pattern, and I think it's a little busy. I love the colors though, so that's something. He was very excited to be able to present it to her. She was a great teacher for him during his transition this year and we really do appreciate all that she has done for this class, and especially our kiddo. We have used the same fabrics to make a small Sudoku quilt for his other teacher, but it's still a work in progress. Hopefully by the end of summer it will be finished. Will post that when we get it finished.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

I love it! What a lucky teacher.

the Holyoaks said...

What a cool quilt! I'll bet his teacher loved it. It looks like you guys have been busy. We miss you up here. Enjoy the sunshine and warmth.