April 6, 2011

So much to catch up....

Seriously, I should be doing 7 other things right now including packing for at least an overnighter. I also have a class to teach in about 2 hours and need to find something respectable to wear. I just felt like I needed to fill you in on some of our latest adventures a little. I have bigger posts planned, but they aren't quite ready to go yet. It's on my list.... really.

For our 19th Anniversary this year Justin and I were able to do a little get-a-way. We had such a great time in a small little coastal town not too far away. Grandpa Joe came and stayed with the kids. I think they wore him out. He left quickly once we got home. We went to Knott's Berry Farm without kids, which was a blast. We went whale watching, to the town's small festival, hung out on the beach, walking and exploring. It was amazing and we needed it after the past couple of months.

Megan turned 4 a couple of weeks ago and we had a perfect Pink and Purplealicious party for her and her friend. There was glitter and cupcakes and games and the trampoline. So much fun. I think the glitter will still be on the porch when we move in another 2.5 years.

Oh, I got my hair cut off. I know I do it about every 5 years and it was time again. It was long and hard to keep up and after two weeks of having it up every day Megan told me "You don't always have to wear a pony tail, Mom." Well, since that would require more effort and energy than I had, I decided to do something about it. On her birthday we both got haircuts and then we came home and did our nails. So much fun.

There has been a lot more going on the past few weeks also. It has made me remember and think about how lucky we are to live in a beautiful area, with great friends all over the world who care and think of us. We have a little family who loves each other, even though things can be hard sometimes. We work together to be happy. What a blessing.

Photobucket

No comments: