October 16, 2011

A Mug Rug

After messing around on Pinterest for far too long the other day, I found myself at a favorite quilting blog I had forgotten about. I used to pop in there all of the time, but somehow I forgot about it over time. Ryan Walsh over at I'm Just A Guy Who Quilts has some fun, easy ideas that are very do-able and turn out amazingly well. He is also great at reviews and I love his occasional post with his boys helping him out. I found this post about a Mug Rug. It's supposed to be like a quilted place mat big enough for a cup of something decadent and a cookie. So cute.
    So last night I took some scraps I had from a previous project and adapted his pattern and made my own Mug Rug. I didn't have big enough scraps for the full Dresden pattern, so I got triangles instead, which I think turned out really cute. It took less than 2 hours, start to finish, which is the perfect amount of sewing time in one block for me. I am going to share the pattern and a quick how-to in sewing class this week. Hopefully someone will come this week. I might just make some more for quick, easy gifts.

Photobucket

No comments: