October 6, 2011

Relying on the strength of the past

Have you ever had a bad day? Not a horribly bad day, but bad enough that you are overwhelmed ill equipped to handle another moment that day has to offer? Days like that seem to be happening to me more and more these days. Maybe it's the added stress of pregnancy or the difficulties I seem to place myself in but life is getting harder and harder. It's days like these that I am grateful for the past. I am glad to be able to look back and see that I have come through difficult days before and it gives me strength to conquer the challenge I am facing today. I have strength through many sources, none of which come from me, but from all around me when I choose to reach for them.

   Recently I was going through some pictures and found these sweet photos of my kids. They give me more strength than I could imagine, even though they are often the source of my want of it. I looked at their happy faces, thought of the challenges to come and how they seemed blissfully unaware of them. They were living in the moment, loving each other and just being kids. Looking back on happy moments gives me strength to go on each day, even the hard ones.

No comments: