September 29, 2011

When I grow up


Meg has been pretty consistent in her choices of occupations for when she grows up. For over a year now she's decided that when she grows up she's going to be a mommy and a helicopter pilot. Ballerina, baker, or landscaper were never even an option. Today, while we were in the car running errands, she surprised me with a new twist on her carefully planned out future.
  "Mom," she said, "When I grow up I am going to be a mommy first, then a doctor and then a helicopter pilot. I am going to be a doctor over where Grandpa lives so that I can help him get better."
   Grandpa is fighting a hard battle with lung cancer. It's newly diagnosed and it's been difficult for all of us to wrap our heads around. She's been mailing him pictures and talking to him via video chat too. She's concerned about him getting better and has been remembering him in her prayers, mostly at dinner time.
  Maybe it's the pregnancy, maybe it's a mom thing, but I teared up a little. I hope health for him too. And I hope her future is as amazing as her 4 year old heart can dream it to be.
Photobucket

No comments: