May 28, 2009

Hurry and Wait-- UPDATE

UPDATED AT THE BOTTOM!
One of the strangest things about being a Navy Family is that you never really know where you are going to live 6 months from now. Sometimes you can be reasonably sure, but a lot of times things can change in an instant. I learned a long time ago to live my life anyway, make plans, make friends and roll with the punches. It's too hard to live on pins and needles not knowing what the future holds.


This week we are waiting for promotion results. And waiting, and waiting.... They are taking their sweet time posting them, when we know the board dismissed 2 weeks ago. I am compulsively checking two different websites that will have results posted about 5 times a day. What does a promotion mean to us? Besides the little pay grade increase, it may mean another move. Not a move next year sometime, a move this summer. Who knows where to or what his new job will entail. What does the future hold? Who knows, but I have to put my faith in my loving Heavenly Father who will take care of us from any corner of the world. Ah, the life of a Navy Family. Will keep you posted.


UPDATE: the list is out. His name isn't on it this time around. Not that he's not qualified, just that other people were too. There are only so many spaces for lots of people. Maybe next year. The good news is, we are in WA for another year. Yeah!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm cheering for Justin! But inside hoping you don't go anywhere.

Moore Family said...

The hurry up and wait game is aggravating! You are a great example of living life to the fullest everyday, where ever you are stationed. I'm hoping our paths cross again!

Islandalli said...

Melissa- I am with you. On one hand it would be great for him, on the other hand, it's going to be rough for all of us for a while. What will be, will be.

Moore- I am thinking I need to check out plane tickets and come and visit you in your corner of paradise.

Our Deli-Sub said...

I am sorry that he didn't get the permotion if that is what he wanted but secretly I am jumping for joy that you will be there when I get back.

the Holyoaks said...

I'm sorry Justin didn't get the promotion, but I'm glad you guys are leaving this summer!