May 11, 2009

Lesson Learned- Again




Today I was reminded about a wonderful life lesson. Funny how we have to keep getting lessons in life. Reminders are good.

I had just returned from the gym and gotten Meg down for a nap and was loading the dishwasher when I looked outside and saw that it was once again raining. Not just raining, but really raining. The next time I looked up there was someone in my yard with a weed eater, going around the garden beds. It was my sweet home teacher. I went outside and caught his attention and asked him if he’s seen the weather forecast. He just laughed at me, said “If you didn’t do anything because of the rain around here, you would never do anything at all.” And then he went back to work. My yard was a mess, because I haven’t mowed it since Justin left. Home Teacher was here for about an hour, mowing and trimming and cleaning up. He never came in, never said much more than that, just went back to work and went home to dry off I suppose.

What a sweet man, and a sweet lesson. If you never did anything because it was hard, or inconvenient, what would you get done? How would you grow and progress? How would you learn new things, develop new skills and share your talents? That was the perfect lesson for me this month. Consider Home Teaching done. And thank you for taking care of me.



1 comment:

Annalia said...

I'M SO GLAD YOU HAVE GOOD HOME TEACHERS!