August 4, 2009

When 2 Vehicles isn't Enough

I had a ton of stuff to do today, outside my house. We won't even talk about what needs to be done inside the house. After feeding and dressing the darlings, and even doing piggy tails in Meg's hair, we made it out the door and into the driveway. I am distractedly running around in the house still looking for my wallet when Bug comes back to the door. "Get in the car already!" I snap. He looks at me and says "I will, when you tell me where it is." Ummmm.... I don't know. It's not in the garage because the door is broken and we can't get it open. It's definitely not in the driveway, but the truck is. Quick call to Justin. He doesn't answer (no big surprise) but I am fairly certain he ended up taking it to work. Back in the house, off with the shoes. I load dishes and wait for his call back. I fold all the laundry and am still waiting. We have lunch, I make calls to garage fix-it companies and then I sweep the living room. Still no call. I start more laundry and send the kids back outside. {Why don't we just take the truck, you ask? Because one of the seat belts is broken and only two of us would get to wear one. Not sure which two, and it's a tight fit with 3 people.} Finally he calls back. I guess the lights on the truck didn't want to turn on at 5:30 this morning and he didn't want to come back in and wake me up. Thanks, Honey, I think. I am starting to think it was an evil plot on his part to get me to get some things done around the house. It worked, and I do feel better about getting something at home accomplished. Sorry to the friends I didn't get to today, and the things I didn't get dropped off. Another day.


No comments: