December 27, 2009

It's been a while

I know it's been a while since I have been a faithful blogger. I was feeling kind of bad about it, making me not want to blog even more, until I started surfing my friend's blogs seeing what they were up to. It seems I am not the only one who doesn't keep up well all of the time. I feel better now, don't you? So, here's a quick recap....

I have LOVED taking new baby photos the past couple of months. It has nothing to do with wanting another baby and everything to do with their so sweet spirits and how moms love the pictures, no matter what they look like.

My kids are bigger, cuter and busier than ever before. Meg is a climber now and I have caught her climbing the pantry shelves quite a few times lately. Bug is obsessed with Mythbuster's. He can't seem to think about anything else lately and is starting to conduct his own experiments. Good for him, bad for the yard and garage. I have been sewing tons in preperation for Christmas. I hope all of our nieces and nephews love their warm jammies, pillowcases and sleep masks. They were cute. I decided about Dec 23rd when I was trying to get my kids sewing done that sewing is kind of like Tuna fish for me. I want to like it, it's good for me, I just don't really like it that much. Sad, isn't it?

Dad has been gone again for a while. He missed Halloween, Thanksgiving and almost Christmas, but made it home by the skin of his teeth. It was his very very last patrol in the Navy so from here on out, he should mostly be home, or at least accessible by phone or text when we need him. So happy about that.

We are gearing up for a move to Sunny San Diego very soon. I thought we would be gone by mid- Jan. but it looks like early February now. Packing, cleaning and purging. They say 3 Navy moves is equal to a house fire in expense and damage. I believe it. This is our 7th move. One or two left before we are done. Anyone need a cute little rental in a nice neighborhood with a fabulous yard? Let me know... PLEASE.

My Grandpa Duane is very ill. We are very sad about it. We really did enjoy a great Thanksgiving at his house with few interruptions and some great quality time. I especially loved that he didn't let the kids noise get to him, he just turned down his hearing aids and smiled. What a guy.

We managed to get some great family time over Christmas. Let the work really begin now. That's the mini recap. Take care blog friends. We will try and keep up in the midst of moving, driving, house hunting and everything else.

P.S. I was planning on uploading cute pictures to show you all what we've been up to, but the old PC isn't playing nice today. Maybe another time. It's all true, really.

1 comment:

Jeff Green said...

Good luck on your house hunting activity!