August 9, 2010

Potential Realized


Remember this? I got it at the DI in WA for $4.00. Yep, under 5. I loved it, but I knew it needed some TLC. Shortly after we moved to CA, I painted it to match the little red rocker we had. Still, it needed the seat recovered and I couldn't find something I was in love with. I found some curtains hanging at a friends house that I did love, but she wasn't ready for  new curtains yet. Oh well. This is just as good. I found this fabric as a remnant somewhere for under $5.00. Now I think I need to make a little throw pillow for the small rocker, don't you? Maybe by next year.



We also picked up this lovely secretary hutch for a random act of service. What comes around goes around. I love it!

Off to do summer stuff with the kiddos. Bird watching, library, naps and the first day of swim lessons. Have a great day wherever you are!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Katidid said...

The chair looks great I love the the Black and White Seat cover with the bright red. And the writing desk is even better than you described, What a find!