November 14, 2008
Happy Birthday Mom
Happy Happy Birthday to my Mom. Our top favorite things about her:
1. She bakes the best bread ever! She kept us going on bread and fruit in years when there wasn't much of anything else. We never felt deprived.
2. She's the hardest worker ever.
3. She believes in magic. She tells her grandchildren that the traffic lights are changed by magic and that electricity fairies run the lights in her house.
4. She's always looking for new and different ways to do something. Sometimes she has to re-invent the wheel, but it's always more interesting when she gets done.
5. She makes tuna sandwiches for her poor grandson when his mama won't even open the can. That's love.
6. She's weathered some real storms in life. Although she's gotten wet and battered, she's always serene in the aftermath.
7. She loves the Lord and teaches her children and grandchildren to do the same.
8. She can rock even the crankiest grand baby to sleep. It's the most amazing thing.
9. She's truly happy to help others when she can. It's never a burden, never a bother and always a joy.
10. She has an attitude of gratitude. I love that she's grateful for the small things even when all of the big things are going downhill fast.
Happy Birthday Mom. We love you.