November 13, 2008

Veteran's Day

I wanted to do a Veteran's Day post. Something patriotic and wonderful. Something that said how grateful I was not only to those who have served in the armed forces in the past, but to those who teach me so much as they serve now. Something that would give the praise and appreciation they so much deserve. Unfortunately, in between food poisoning and phone calls, I didn't get to it. So sorry to everyone who deserves the thanks.

Here's what we did instead. All morning I cleaned like a mad woman. My house has been spiriling out of control for a while now and that was the day to do something about it. The phone started ringing early, with random stuff, and didn't stop. After Meg's short nap, we attended the Veteran's Day program at the Kitsap Pavilion. It was so nice. Very well attended and very well done. Adam loved it and Meg loved the flag she got to carry around all day. They had a free lunch afterward (I know there's no such thing, and now I really believe it). Adam and I stood in line for chili and hot dogs and salad. Justin and Meg weren't interested, lucky them. As soon as we got home, I started feeling yucky, and Adam started feeling yucky. As it turns out, something wasn't right with those hot dogs and we were both sick the rest of the night. So not fun. I am sure they weren't trying to kill us, but what a way to say thanks, eh?

In any case, I wanted to say how much I am grateful for the Veteran's who have served before us, who have paved the way to the wonderful life we have. Grandpa Bill, Grandpa Duane, Uncle Rob, Cousin Johnathan, Uncle Kevin, Joe, Matt, Shandrea, Bill, Patty, Karl, Tony, Dawn, Lou and so many others... we love you. Thanks for every little thing.

2 comments:

Katidid said...

You forgot to put your family on the list of those we are grateful for on Veterans and Everyday. The sacrefices military men and women and their families make to keep our Nation a free country need to be recognized often; so Thanks! And we are really sorry to hear about you and Adam. Food Poisoning can be worse than the FLU. Take Care, let us know if you need anything.

Katherine said...

Okay so I am really sorry about you getting sick, but I am glad you did something. I didn't even realize it was Vetren's day until Kaleb got home from school. This is my sad attempt at redeeming myself, tell your husband thank-you from me. It is sad to leave Bremerton for that reason, you don't get the excitement the military brings to a town.