December 4, 2011

Monster Fun



We had a 5 year old birthday party to attend last week for a couple of twin friends. I usually make a black apple doll for the little girl birthday parties we attend, but that go-to gift wasn't going to work out this time. I searched Pinterest and found these adorable bags from a fun blog called Hideous!Dreadful!Stinky! I loved the idea and more importantly, had all of the supplies on hand. (I love the Etsy shop from that blog too. Made me laugh.)
   Meg helped me pick out colors and details and this is what we came up with:

 

I put a couple holiday coloring books inside and made some cute tags to go with them. Notice the girl bag has a bow? Meg was trying hard to get me to use a button, but I wasn't sure how well that would hold up. These kids spend a lot of travel time in the back of Mom's van and I thought this might be something fun to do while traveling that doesn't involve electronic devices. My kids liked them so much they put in requests for monsters with certain features. Bug wants freckles and Meg wants a Princess crown. We will see if all of that works out for them. I need to finish up the Christmas sewing so that I can get things shipped off this week. It's the shipping that gets to me every time.
  By the way, my Pinterest is freaking out. It only updates about 3 of my friends and takes a couple of days at a time to update anymore. Anyone know what's up with that? Do I have a setting wonky or something? It just changed all of the sudden and I don't like it. On the plus side, I am not spending anywhere near the time on there that I was, so maybe I shouldn't complain about it. 
   Good luck with your Christmas stuff. I can't wait to post about all of my projects. Some of them are really fun.