December 28, 2011

My Favorite Christmas things

Here are a few of my favorite Christmas things this year.
 A 12 Days of Christmas anonymous gift of a new Nativity. It's really cute and fairly child friendly. That's the best kind. Big blessings go to the family who gave us this.

Being able to display some of my Nativity's this year without having to worry too much about them being manhandled to death. It brings a nice Christmas focus into our home.

Seeing Meg enjoy her gifts. This Princess bed tent from Aunt Wendy was a big hit. She loves, loves, loves it.

Playing games on Christmas day with all of the new games you got. Adam and Dad are playing Monopoly You Build here. Bug likes different Monopoly games and has a collection of about 6 so far.

Our sad little Christmas tree all lit up and looking kind of pretty. All child friendly ornaments this year, which was good because the cat knocked it over once and once it just leaned a little too far on it's own. It recovers nicely.

Having Sister Pett come over and bake some cookies with the kids was a real highlight this year. They are missing out on Grandma time big time, and I just couldn't be on my feet long enough to help them do the cookies this year. They all had so much fun. It was balm to my soul to hear them all in the kitchen giggling away.

One of the best ever things this year was going out to the garage and finding that the best husband ever had wrapped all of the gifts, complete with bows and ribbons. That is one of my least favorite things to do and he did almost all of them this year. And they were pretty. What an awesome guy. I am so lucky.

I don't have a photo, but participating in the Stake Choir this year was amazing too. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to do it, but there were only 5 practices and it was so well put together, it was easy to do. I am glad I was able to sing this year. It just doesn't seem like Christmas to me without being in at least one choir.

What great blessings we have had. Hope you had a great Christmas  too.

1 comment:

Moore Family said...

I think Justin wrapping the gifts is the sweetest thing ever! What a great guy!