January 4, 2008

Marshmallow Madness


This made me laugh and laugh. I had to share, although I think maybe it's kind of one of those "you had to be there" things.


So, picture this. My 7 year old received a Marshmallow shooter for Christmas. It's an air gun you load with mini marshmallows and terrorize the cat with. After all your ammo is fired you have to scramble to pick up all of the poor marshmallows before your baby sister eats them and chokes. Great fun.


Tonight he breaks out the toy to chase the cat around again. Only this time it's taking him a really long time to load it. I was giving the baby a bath and started wondering what's going on. I come out and he's one gooey mess all the way up to his elbows. The only problem is the gun wouldn't shoot. Quickly figuring out the problem, I start to giggle. Then laugh. This only serves to make him even more upset. So then I had to ask what happened.

You have probably already guessed by now, but I am going to tell you anyway. In all of his 7 year old infinite wisdom he decided the marshmallows would shoot out even faster if they were wet. The best way to get them wet was to lick them all and then shove them in the barrel of the gun. The only problem is that marshmallows are sticky, not slippery, when wet. What a mess, but boy did I get a good laugh.
If you want one for your own house, you can get one here: http://www.marshmallowville.com/mmv_products.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so very funny, i almost broke out laughing. i love you, see you all soon. justin