October 30, 2008

Bedrest Tips for Tiff

My darling cousin Tiffany is expecting her first baby with much anticipation. She's developed some problems and has been put on bedrest. That's something I know a little bit about. With both pregnancies I started dilating early and going into pre-term labor and was put on bedrest. With Adam, it was only about 3 weeks, with Meg, it was 7 weeks. That's a long time to stay down. So I thought I would post some Bedrest tips for Tiff. If you have any other good ideas, post them in the comments.

1. Read a lot. Get in all of those magazines you've been meaning to go through. All those classics you've always wanted to read and all of those just for fun books you can't justify spending precious time on.

2. Listen to the past 5 years of conference talks. It's a great time to catch up on talks you may have missed for one reason or another. It's pretty uplifting too.

3. Write letters. With real paper and pens. Catch up on letters to family, friends far away, and to your baby in the future. It will be fun to look back and this time in your life and remember what you were thinking and feeling.

4. Journal. I sometimes count blogging as journaling. Not really is it? You do the best you can. If you have time time though, do some catch up. Go through all of those e-mail tags you have and journal about them.

5. Get those recipies together that you have been wanting to try. (Although Tiffany is the most organized person in the universe.) It's always fun to look forward to trying to learn new things.

6. Get more fluent in your French. (Her Hubby speaks French as a first language). That way you can talk to your neices and actually understand what they are saying.

7. Vote. That took me forever. Do some research on your trusty laptop and get that absentee ballot in. That will take up at least a day.

8. Call and annoy your sisters. I was on the phone a lot, a really lot. My sisters, mom and grandmothers got really sick of me calling. I just needed some conversation.

9. Keep Netflix in business. Send for all of those movies your husband woud never watch with you. Watch TV series, all at once. That was fun. I watched The Closer, and a friend of mine got all the seasons of Little House. It's kind of fun to watch them all at once.

10. SLEEP. I was surprised at just how tired I was when I didn't DO anything all day. Get as much rest as you need. Stock up now, because once Oni shows up, you will not sleep for more than 2 hours at a time for the next 3 years. Love ya Tiff.

1 comment:

owona said...

WOW!! Thanks so much for the post! I love all of your ideas....so helpful!! I think I might just try them all, especially the sleep one (I'm pretty good at that already)! I have one to add...online (window) shopping! I've done a lot of that recently! Thanks again, you're so sweet to make a list for me! :) Tiff